Taipei Air Station - 1966 - - - " What you have in the end are memories"......... Photo Courtesy of Richard Reesh.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Tomb Sweeping Day is Friday 4 April 2008

What a wonderful occasion this holiday is. This time of year is also called Ching Ming.

Thinking about this day brings to mind those members of my family that have passed on..

I will visit the cemetery this weekend to clean the area, bring flowers and spend quiet time in remembrance of my loved ones that have gone on before me.


I will carry on a conversation while I am there. Funny how we can have conversations with folks who are only with us in Spirit. A wonderful time to reflect on our love for all of our family.

I will enjoy the visit and I will leave with joy in my heart.


Sometime during my visit I will recall the words of this wonderful song. When the music and words begin to flow through my mind's eye, I will let myself pray and speak words to my maker in some unknown language. Listen here.


God Bless you and your families.

Here is a link which explains the Tomb Sweeping Day more fully.

http://www.gio.gov.tw/info/festival_c/tomb_e/tomb.htm

Check this link for an article on Qing (Ching) Ming Celebration in Hawaii

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080404/LIFE/804040330/1076

Have a safe and wonderful weekend.

No comments: